Friday, July 22, 2011

Thai Peanut Satay


This is one of my favorite "30 minutes or less" weekday meals! Finals for summer session classes are coming up and after taking a long study break this morning I needed something super quick and easy! The only basics you need are:
Your favorite Peanut Satay Sauce
Onion
Meat (I always use chicken)

Mince half of a yellow onion (I like it to be about the same size as the rice grains) and add to a heated pan. Saute the onion until partially translucent, then add your meat (I recommend bite-size pieces so it cooks quicker!). Once the meat is halfway done, add a generous amount of satay sauce. Store bought sauces are incredibly variable in the thickness of the sauce and the  taste. I recommend House of Tsang for a sweeter, more mild taste or San-J Thai Peanut Sauce for a spicier, bolder flavor. I cook my peanut satay off the skewer just because my s/o doesn't care for the taste of baked chicken.
If you have the time when cooking this meal, get creative with different vegetables and presentation (use skewers and grill or bake!). I've been dying to try the peanut satay with thai eggplant and some other fresh vegetables! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment