Monday, July 11, 2011

Asian Marinated Ahi Tuna

I made this for my s/o last night because it was the first meal his parents made for us and lean and hearty at the same time! :)
The Ahi Tuna was purchased at Trader Joe's for a pretty reasonable price and marinated in:
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
4 Slices of Fresh Ginger (1 cm thick)
A couple pieces of Lime Zest
Left the fish in the marinade in the fridge with three hours. I took the fish out for about 10 minutes to get it to room temperature. I cooked the fish in a minimal amount of sesame oil for about 1.5 minutes on each side. Layered on a 1/2 cup of brown rice and skinny asparagus with a little olive oil, sea salt, and pepper!
A great, light meal before taking a friend's dog out for a long walk :)

By the way - I could use some suggestions for meals! It takes me twice as long to come up with a meal plan for the week then it usually does in fall/winter/spring! I'm secretly wishing for it to be September soon so I can pull out my soups, stews, roasts, and curries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment