Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tilapia over Pesto Spaghetti


I'm super crazy busy lately which means almost zero time to do my usually planned out grocery shopping! I went to the grocery store today looking for a last minute dinner to put together. The Tilapia was on special and my Mum recently made some dairy-free pesto for Justin and I - giving me the idea to do a pesto and olive oil with the fish. Instead of veggies, I opted for a grain - a thin spaghetti. 
To make this meal, you will need your favorite fish fillet, homemade or purchased pesto (extremely easy!), lemon, and your choice of side.
To make pesto, you will need basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, and a nut (my Mum used pecans for the buttery taste but you can use pretty much any nuts of your choice). Grind together to make a slightly thick paste. You can always reduce the thickness with olive oil, I recommend making a paste and keeping it in the fridge where you will have the option of using it as is or add olive oil.
Cook your Tilapia fillet until cooked through, if I remember correctly it was about 5-7 minutes on medium heat. I'm terrible at flipping my fillets without breaking them - and I hate having to add more olive oil. If you are unsure if your fillets are cooked, just give a peek in the middle. 
At the same time as your fillets are cooking, add your pasta to boiling water. If you are in a hurry, choose a really thin pasta so it doesn't hold up your dinner. Get your pesto ready and toss in with the pasta. Serve with lemon and pesto for the fish. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment