Sunday, September 4, 2011

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms



I was seriously craving stuffed mushrooms but I can't exactly stuff them with cheese like usual! I replaced the cheese with a seasoned couscous. Rice is also a good option but couscous is so quick to cook! First I marinated the mushrooms in some balsamic vinegar to give them a bit more flavor. Season the couscous as you like, I recommend garlic and onion, and replacing water with broth instantly gives it more flavor.
Grill or bake your mushroom until tender and stuff with couscous. Add a teaspoon of olive oil for more flavor. I topped it all off with a fresh baby tomatoe from our garden for some sweetness! If you are looking for some protein, I recommend adding a hard-boiled egg - although Justin would suggest bacon! This is just a really simple, vegetarian dinner as well as potentially vegan. :)

This is my dish, but it's a bit fuzzy.


No comments:

Post a Comment